NOW HIRING!!Due to strong growth and new opportunities, we are continuously looking for controls technicians and controls engineers of any experience level to join our team! Internships are also available. See details below.
CareersBecome a part of our flourishing employee family.
Controls Technician Overview
The Controls Technician enacts the assembly process for control panels from start to finish, building from schematics and performing physical tests, as well as providing field demolition and installation services for SCADAware’s customers.
Duties and Roles:
- Assembles and wires control panels
- Performs customer site control panel demolition and installation services
- Provides control panel component specification for the purchasing agent
- Maintains part inventory
- Maintains the orderliness and functionality of the panel shop
- Is responsible for taking ownership for the improvement of the panel shop
- Other duties as necessary
Controls Engineer Overview
The Controls Engineers must be well-versed in control systems. They must be capable of taking a project from start to finish. This would include meeting the customer to understand what the need is, contributing to the quotation, designing, building, commissioning and handing off the finished system. This person must be proficient in PLC programming and HMI/SCADA programming. Relational database experience and computer programming experience is a plus.
Writing abilities should include the writing of technical specifications and final system documents including Operation and Maintenance manuals.
Specific Duties and Roles:
- Write detailed specifications, design guides and user manuals.
- Design control systems for customers.
- Program PLCs.
- Build PC based SCADA systems (Iconics, Citect, Intellution, Wonderware, etc.).
- Build/program complete systems in-house.
- Simulate, test, and debug system in-house.
- Install/startup system at customer site.
- Provide system technical support over phone or on-site.
- Maintain schedules of all current projects.
- Assume other duties upon request.